Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Yeah it's Finally Over

Yes it's finally over. No I am not talking about the election, though I am glad that is done also. My congrats to whoever wins. I am thinking at this time it looks like Obama but looks can be deceiving.

No I'm talking about something really important, well at least to me. I have finally finished the chapter by chapter outline of my next book The Sapphire Haired Siren. Yes after a LONG process of "what ifs" and "maybe this will work" I've written out the summaries and some details of the 40-50 chapters that will be my next book.

I feel good as I now know the story will start, have a middle and a end that ties everything together. It's strange no matter how many books I write I always worry that I won't be able to work the next one out. But I did. Phew that's a relief.

Since I thought some might find it interesting here is my sample first chapter summary:

Chapter

Zach in his office notices that the top downloaded songs are now: The Chicken Dance, The Macarana, YMCA, Tip Toe through the Tulips, Purple People Eater, Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini and Monster Mash. Carol smiles good music never dies. Zach likes the last one but the others….

Zach is contacted by Don Rickey and his wife body guard Tammy, Don is captain Rickey’s brother. He an ex-pro baseball player who is coming up on eligibility to be voted into the hall of fame. Problem is he has a mole, threatening to turn over info saying he used performance enhancing drugs. He didn’t. He needs Zach to hunt down the mole. The threat came on old fashion paper (made from trees) With old magazine letters.


Now I will spend the next week or two adding detail and ideas to the chapter outline summary. Once that is solid I will go to the easy part -- the actually writing of the book. I figure writing 2-4K words a day the writing will be done in 4o days.

No comments: